Master of Ministry
The Master of Ministry degree (M.Min.) is granted for demonstration of competencies associated with being a minister of the gospel (pastor, church planter, missionary) and other ministry leaders who are actively engaged in ministry.
General objectives of all Antioch School programs:
- Comprehensive development in character, skills, and knowledge for effective ministry.
- Life development and lifelong learning orientation.
- Recognition of and participation in the centrality of the local church in the plan of God.
- Ability to master biblical content, benefit from significant contributions of scholars, and build strategic models of ministry accordingly.
- Develop a foundational understanding through an integrated core of interdisciplinary studies.
The general objective of Ministry Degrees is to help train those who desire to be part of a leadership and ministry team that is one-minded in ministry, vision, and philosophy. Out of this team would come those who commit themselves long term to local church leadership or those who desire to train to be part of a missionary team involved in planting or establishing churches in other areas.
Specific program objectives of the M.Min.:
- Master Scripture relevant to church and leadership development, particularly through study of the biblical theology of Acts and the Pauline Epistles.
- Reflect on contributions of leading scholars regarding church and leadership development.
- Address pertinent issues related to church and leadership development and analyze Scripture and other contributions related to those issues.
- Formulate conclusions and personal applications regarding those issues.
- Obtain advanced mastery through substantial implementation in real ministry situations and careful evaluative reflection on that implementation. (Assessment of competencies according to reflection on, planning for, and implementation in real ministry situations is a major difference between the M.Min. and the B.Min.).
Master of Ministry Overview
Master of Ministry Transcript